Joined the FWTEC board: May 2017
Professional career: Rick is a Managing Partner and Director of Research at Craig-Hallum Capital Group, a boutique investment firm in Minneapolis. Previously he was a founder and Managing Partner at Woodland Partners, an investment management firm, and a Vice President at U.S. Bank where he managed investment portfolios. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). He has been lecturing and advising MBA students in the University of St. Thomas investment management program for over 20 years and during the 1990’s, Rick was a columnist for Twin Cities Business where he wrote about investment opportunities in the Twin Cities.
Post-secondary education: BS, Mathematics (Carnegie Mellon University); MBA (Carnegie Mellon University)
Other boards served on or have served on in the past:
* St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church (2011-present) – treasurer (6 years)
* Episcopal Homes of MN (2007-2016) – chair (2 years), vice chair (2 years), treasurer (5 years)
* Craig-Hallum Capital Group (2002-2017)
* Woodland Partners (1996-2002)
* Deltak Corporation (1988-1990) – chair
* Various small private corporations (1988-1996)
Tennis experience: Both Rick and his wife are USTA members and are frequent players at FWTEC and the St. Paul Tennis Club.