Join us for the First Annual FORTify Our Future Fundraising Gala on Saturday, Oct. 12, at the Hotel Intercontinental St. Paul Riverfront with all proceeds benefiting the final phase of our $1.7 million Capital Campaign. Come enjoy food, drink, games, entertainment, amazing speakers, silent & live auction and more! Festivities start at 6 p.m.
All proceeds from the FORTify Our Future Gala will go toward the last phase of the Capital Campaign which includes:
· Mandatory replacement of air-supported dome over back courts
· New LED lighting in back dome
· Energy-efficient air conditioning
· Upgraded parking facilities with new lighting, security cameras and 28 additional parking spaces
· New sound systems in both domes
By making these mandatory improvements, the Fred Wells Tennis & Education Center will be able to renew its lease with the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board and continue providing tennis and life skills programming to the community and our TennisWorks after-school participants.
Early Bird tickets are $135 (individual) and $1,000 (tables of 8) if ordered by September 27. Prices jump to $150 (individuals) and $1,250 (tables of 8) after that date so buy your tickets early!!!! Click here and get your tickets today!
Can’t Attend? Invest In Our Future By October 10 & Have Your Gift Doubled!
Can’t attend the Gala? Thanks to a generous gift from the Wells Family Fund of the Minneapolis Foundation, all donations made through October 10 will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $15,000! To invest in our future, please click here and have your gift doubled!
Amazing Silent and Live Auction Items
We will be having both a silent and live auction led by amazing auctioneer Sarah Jean Knox and have secured a number of amazing items already for the evening including:
* 2020 US Open President’s Box Tickets - Receive 2 tickets to the best seats in Arthur Ashe Stadium, unlimited food and drink and the chance to mingle with the stars at one session of the 2020 US Open. These tickets are not available to the general public and bidding will start at $5,000! Here is a photo of Fort patrons Visala and Joe Goswitz who experienced this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the 2018 US Open…make sure you ask them about it! - donated by USTA National
* 2020 International Tennis Hall of Fame Package - 2 tickets to both the International Tennis Hall of Fame Tournament and Induction Ceremonies in Newport, R.I. - donated by the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
* BNP Paribas/Indian Wells Package - 5 days, 4 nights at the exclusive Marriott Villas Resort, as well as 2 stadium box tickets to 2 sessions (either March 17 or 18) to the 2020 BNP Paribas Open.
* Seven-Night Pick-Your-Paradise Mexican Vacation Package - Choose from a luxury collection of lavish beach front resort, located in give of Mexico’s most beautiful destinations. Acapulco | Cabo San Lucas | Nuevo Vallarta | Cancun-Riviera Maya | Puerto Penasco. Enjoy endless pools, world-class restaurants, live entertainment, tranquil spas and activities for all ages. Multiple packages available. BUY IT NOW OPTION OF $2,000! Contact Lisa Mushett at email@example.com or at (612) 252-8367 for more details.
* North Shore Vacation Getaway - 5 day/4 night stay at 4 bedroom/2 bath cabin on Lake Superior near Two Harbors, Minn. *6 person limit - donated by Margot Willett and Bob Miller
* Family Photo Session and Portrait - donated by Bjorn Timeless Portraits
* Sailing Excursion for 4 - donated by patron Byron Toole
* Tory Burch Purses
* Prime-Time Permanent Court-Time Packages
* Fort Bubble Party
* Lessons with Fort Pros
* And Much More…
We are still looking for donations of any kind (event tickets, experiences, services, etc.). Please contact Auction Chair Jamee Whaley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate something or for more information.
Dan Faber, USTA Foundation Executive Director
An innovative executive who has created a culture of philanthropy within non-profit organizations, Dan Faber brings diverse experience as an educator and major fundraiser to his current role as the Executive Director of the USTA Foundation - the charitable arm of the United States Tennis Association. After serving as Executive Director of NJTL of Trenton (N.J.), Dan became Executive Director of the USTA Foundation in 2013. He also developed the USTA’s Academic Creative Engagement (ACE) curriculum, a quality sports-themed academic program based on national math and literacy standards, and is currently spearheading a $75 million public-private partnership with the Tiger Woods Foundation for a 90-acre academics and athletics campus in Los Angeles which offers multi-sport and after-school programs to low income youth throughout the area.
Nelson Iginla, Vice-President at GTRC and Fred Wells Alum
Minneapolis-native Nelson Iginla grew up at The Fort, playing and working there from ages 12-20. As a junior player, Nelson was ranked in the top-150 nationally in boys 18's and was a top-5 player in the state his senior year of high school. Nelson then graduated summa cum laude with a degree in political science from the University of Pennsylvania, before earning his MBA from Stanford University this past summer. He is now a Vice President at GTCR, a private equity firm based out of Chicago, and previously worked at Bain Capital in Boston.
Our fundraising goal is $75,000 and we need your support. One way is to become a corporate sponsor of the Gala. We have a number of sponsorship opportunities available at different levels - all with amazing benefits for your organization. To learn more about our sponsorship packages, click here.
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS!!!
We need your help with this exciting evening as we are looking for volunteers both prior to and night of the event. Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas: event planning, decorations, auctions and games, entertainment, marketing, sponsorship, event set-up/take down and more. Please contact Lisa Mushett at email@example.com if you would be available to help with this landmark event.
For More Information
For more information about the Gala, the right sponsorship opportunities for your organization, or serving as a table host, please contact Lisa Mushett at (612) 252-8367, ext. 109 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.