You’ll love what’s in store for The Fort.
The Fred Wells Tennis & Education Center is launching a capital campaign to make The Fort an even better place to play.
Our goal is to raise $1.7 million for improvements to our facilities, including:
- New air-supported structures, or "bubbles"
- An additional tennis court, for a total of nine full-size courts
- 28 additional parking spaces
- Improved lighting inside and out
- Air conditioning and improved energy efficiency inside air-supported structures
- Storage for ball machine, ball carts and maintenance supplies
- Additional drinking fountain
Replacing our bubbles will ensure that The Fort is a state-of-the-art facility for decades to come, while expanding our courts and parking lot will provide more playing opportunities for our patrons and allow us to serve more youth from under-resourced schools through our TennisWorks program. Our expansion will also allow us to host larger USTA tournaments and other events.
Together, we can make The Fort even better. Please consider joining us to nurture a place where you love to play.