The Fort Gives Back
As a nonprofit organization, we rely upon partnerships and investments in the form of charitable contributions in order to help support our programs. These gifts and donations come from our Freds (patrons and friends of The Fort) as well as a handful of local foundations and corporations. Without their support, we would not be able to provide the depth and breadth of our programming to families and youth that might not otherwise have the means or access to participate in our tennis and education programs. As the ol’ saying goes, it takes a village of engaged Freds to inspire youth to thrive on the court, in the classroom and in the community.
One of the many things that I take pride in as the Head Fred is ensuring that we give back to the community as well. I am always humbled and honored when we receive our Freds’ generous donations, but it is equally important that we foster an environment where The Fort Gives Back. As the school year and indoor season of 2014-15 comes to a close, here is a quick snapshot of the organizations, partnerships and causes that our staff, students and families supported this year:
· Bolder Options (silent auction donations)
· Breast Cancer Awareness Week (fundraising, in kind donations)
· The Bridge (silent auction donations)
· Food for Freds (service learning experience, food shelf donations)
· Maple Grove Junior High School’s Special Education Department (tennis programs)
· MLK Buffs (in kind donations)
· North Branch Boys Tennis Teams (team tennis bag donations)
· St. Paul Johnson High School’s Get Up and Groove Wellness Day (tennis programming, in kind donations)
· Special Olympics (tennis programs, in kind donations, volunteers)
· Upper Mississippi Academy (tennis programs, silent auction donation)
These are all great organizations and programs that have demonstrated a strong commitment to their work with youth and families. In the coming year we will continue to explore opportunities and mutually beneficial partnerships that can engage The Fort community so that our collective efforts can have a deeper impact.
Thank you for your support and for your Fred-ship!
See you on the courts!